Here are some good software engineering projects you can work upon to bag an Internship offer.
If the main goal of your project is getting an internship offer, here we have some pointers for it:
1. Most companies in the world have a running website. Some of them might have an android or IOS app as well. So, a good idea would be to stick to web development rather than going for niche fields like ML/AI or Cybersecurity. Most companies do not hire interns or inexperienced people for ML/AI/Data Science/Cybersecurity roles. You would at least need a Master’s Degree.
3. After you have learned React and Node, next comes the selection of the project. For this, you can simply solve an easy real-world problem you see around you.
4. Does your hostel canteen maintain manual records of what each student has eaten and settles it at the end of the month? Make a quick website to handle it.
5. Your college assignments that are coding based are evaluated manually? Make a small coding judge utility to help college professors evaluate these assignments.
6. These ideas need not be completely unique, but if they have a strong reason as to why you did it, they will showcase your leadership and ownership skills. (That you saw a problem and decided to solve it yourself) rather than just a theoretical project for learning.
7. Lastly, host your website on any hosting platforms like AWS, Heroku, etc, and put its link in your resume. Even if it is not the most beautiful-looking website, it is fine if it stays in your resume as links add much more value rather than mere mentions of the projects.
8. Apart from projects, I would also advise you to focus on your problem-solving skills and learn DSA for clearing non-project interview rounds.
For this, you can follow the Data structures and Algorithms syllabus at Programming Pathshala. Log on to www.programmingpathshala.com and take a free trial.
Have a doubt or suggestion? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org