Tips and Tricks to prepare for interviews in computer science
Most companies ask relatively simpler questions in internship interviews compared to an interview for a Full Time Job.
Some steps you can take for preparing for internship interviews:
- Master Basic Problem Solving Skills and Basic Data Structures and Algorithms
- Make sure you are good with some ad-hoc implementation based problems. For this, I would advise practicing codeforces Div2 A & B problems for earlier contests (recent contests are too mathematical in nature, can follow a2oj ladders for this).
- Study basic Array based techniques like Prefix/Suffix, Sliding Window, Rotations and Reversals, etc.
- Improve your mathematical skills of the commonly used topics in programming: Permutations and Combinations, GCD, LCM, Factors, Probability, etc.
- Go through common Data Structures and Algorithms and their common problems. For this, you can follow syllabus at Programming Pathshala’s website
- Make a working project and upload it on Github. Put its link in your resume. The project could be a working website/app/ml project, etc. Understand the concepts used behind the project (Example: Concepts of REST APIs, Website Architecture, etc if you are going for a web app).
- Revise common Computer Science Topics like Operating Systems, DBMS and Network
- Learn about common Object Oriented Programming Principles
- Spend some time revamping your resume. This is a good guide with common advice for resume building.